Thanks, Olivier

Well, initially I thought this was brilliant.
On the up-side it shows your folder hierarchy very cleanly and it works
well when used with F7 to open all the folders as far as possible.

Furthermore, if you then save that View and give it a hotkey (e.g.
control/shift/alt/F) I can even apply that filter to the current view using
a hotkey.   :)

However, there are problems:

1. If the current Tab is locked it won't work without creating another tab
every time you use it (which causes confusion and clutter).

2. Also you can of course no longer open up any given folder to see what's
actually in it. (This is due to the View's filtering that will now be in
place!)

3. In order to see what's in each Folder, all you can do is - IF and only
if the folder has no child-folders -  is double-click on that folder  and
be taken to your first Tab on the left.

BUT once you get there :

a) If your Tab has filtering that stops that folder from being viewed (e.g.
it is using Active tasks view), then no row will have focus (which feels
confusing) [so this forces you to have an ALL tasks view...]

b) If you get to the LH tab without losing focus, you now have a problem of
how to get *back *to that Folders- Only tab. If you click the folder name
again and it does have child tasks, then it will simply open up any child
tasks. And if you double-click on one of the child tasks, although it will
take you back to the Folders-only view, it will now lose focus because task
are not visible on that view!

==> Aaarrgh!  Not quite so useful after all.

If going this route, we are thrown into using one tab for multiple MLO
Views.
But even then there is no way to toggle this view on and off using your
hotkey, which would have been nice.

Conclusion
I would still prefer some inbuilt function that would expanding everything
just far enough to show all the Folders, so that this could be achieved
with no fuss on Locked tabs, without the need to change either Tab nor View
and ideally it should be a function that toggles.

- Would anyone else vote for this feature?

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/mylifeorganized/cac1b6a4-a754-4477-937d-0408ea43a63e%40googlegroups.com.