For completeness, I don't infact want any tasks to appear that have
@Someday set either, so now my advanced formula has become:
   ((Starred) AND (Context does not contain @Someday)) OR
   ((Contexts contains (consider open/closed state) @Evenings) AND
(Starred) AND (Contexts does not contain @Someday)

There may be a simpler way of doing it but it seems to work.

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/mylifeorganized/5d8c3bbc-53a1-44c2-b081-4c65015cabd6%40googlegroups.com.