Hello cirrob,

There have been a few discussions on this topic. MLO is trying to be
flexible enough for everyone's systems, so there is no link between the
settings of any of the parameters. That means that you end up having to
manually set lots of parameters for each task, which makes it a bit slower
to use. Personally, I've argued for the idea of being able to set custom
behaviours, so that items can be set to inherit (or not) start and due
dates and contexts from their parent or nearest sibling and so that
checking off a project sets its project status to completed. Maybe that
automated functionality will be added as an option in the future.

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/mylifeorganized/3427a259-1cef-4dc7-8360-d33ec7158e0d%40googlegroups.com.