Sometime, working on a project starts with adding tasks, not only complete them
(when organisation is part of the job). A project can therefore be in progress
before any completion.
It can also be in progress but in late, if no task has been completed.

I see one case where a task can be completed but the project has to remain
unactive : if this task was usefull for another project, or when you know it is
completed even if you don't actually have to work on the entire project yet.
(e.g : project "plan summer trip", with a task "renew my passport". Imagine you
had a business travel that made you update the passport in march : task is
done, but summer trip is still not active).

By the way, I'd prefer to automate the activation of a project by choosing a
date ("project to be in progress on june 12")

Olivier

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/mylifeorganized/ecb19904-8f1d-4e35-bd70-af7a520c4c73%40googlegroups.com.