Thank you very much for such a comprehensive response. That's all true -
our payment provider is obliged to charge VAT/GST from the end user and
since the tax rate differs depending on the country, the total amount is
only visible during checkout.

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/mylifeorganized/9002252e-11f1-4fb3-b427-c7c03689916a%40googlegroups.com.