Agreed.

I don’t like them either, mostly because I always feel that if the developer
stops development for any reason (including retirement), I’m left with nothing.
 Also, by now everyone has experienced software that’s taken a big step
BACKWARD.  E.g. this “sharing phenomenon”, which I always thought a waste of
time, has often resulted in dropping features.  The most blatant example I know
is Adobe Photoshop Lightroom.  I’ve used the same version for 6+ years.  When I
looked at the new Adobe Cloud that Adobe raves about, literally half the
features were gone.

Ditto for Quickbooks.  I went from desktop to cloud…then called and cancelled
my cloud, in favor of the feature-rich version I had been using.

Thus, I can foresee the day when I read…”You can now have shared MLO lists for
team work!”, but with it gone is advanced filtering, gone are hourly contexts,
gone are text tags.

Take Care,

Michael Emerald, CFA

Performance Business Design