Gary,

This is a fairly broad request so I'll try to help. First thing though is
to read through the help guide in MLO and refer back to it as needed.

For your questions:
1. The Outline and "To Do" on the left side are views. You can see the
whole outline and subsets of the outline i.e. projects, goals,etc. The
ToDos are filtered views of items in the outline. The way it works is you
populate the outline and then get your specific action lists (To Dos) that
are filtered. You can filter by context @home, @computer, etc. to get
specific lists.
2. Your AoF go in the outline itself as either Top level parent tasks or
Top level folders with nested folders/tasks under it. So you could have AoF
Home with subsections of Home projects, Outside, garage, vehicles, etc.
3. The horizontal tab on the top are customized workspaces where you have
saved filtered views to quickly get the the information in  your outline or
To Dos easily. I have workspaces for Work, Personal, Projects, Finances,
Overdue tasks, due today, and others. You could very easily create HoF
views in different workspace tabs based on your customized views.
4. Most people don't keep references in MLO as its more a task management
program. You can keep references in there as a folder-type task as a
sub-task under the outline AoF section. Other options are to keep
references in another app like Evernote or OneNote.  You can create links
to those apps and same them in the MLO notes section, that's what I do.

Hope this helps.

Leigh

On Fri, Oct 20, 2023 at 4:42 AM Gary Oliver <dr.gary.r.oli...@gmail.com>
wrote:

> I am trialling the new windows version
>
> I am trying to set up for GTD because the GTD template doesnt follow the
> david allen book
>
> Please help answer 4 questions:
>
> 1. What is the difference between "Outline" and "To Do" on the left hand
> panel? Is it possible to have a third area? (See point 2 below).
>
> 2. Is the outline section on the left where I add my areas of focus?
> (e.g., Home, Family, Leisure/Fun/Hobbies/Interests, Finance, Work, Mental &
> Physical Wellbeing, etc)?
>
> 3. Is the horizontal tab where I add my weekly review  process? As per the
> book, it is divided into inbox, last week’s completion, projects, areas of
> focus (horizon 2), goals (horizon 3), and vision(horizon 4).
>
> 4. Do references which apply to multiple projects or across an area of
> focus go in a horizontal tab or on the left. (As per david allen's book,
> references material associated with a specific project goes with that
> project).
>
> TIA/gary

> https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/mylifeorganized/50af70a8-20d0-4269-9759-341083afc6e5n%40googlegroups.com
> <https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/mylifeorganized/50af70a8-20d0-4269-9759-341083afc6e5n%40googlegroups.com?utm_medium=email&utm_source=footer>