Hi,
Shockingly, MLO somehow deleted 80% of my folders and tasks today (after
using v6 for about a week).

I do have advanced backup running, and I have the .bak file from yesterday,
which is complete.

How to I safely make this my new .mlo file, that syncs with the cloud (and
will not wipe my data again, or destroy this back up file (I want to
preserve it just in casew this happens again)

The Mlo help only says to open the .bak file and nothing about renaming
from the backup title (eg with the date and time added) and from .bak to
.mlo safely.  Nor is there a clear description of how to ensure it syncs
with your cloud sync and other devices...