Grant,

I recommend restoring the backup, renaming it your MLO file name. Then,
make a copy of that as MLO_filename_2. Open MLO filename 1 and sync with
cloud and you should be good to go. I just experienced something similar
(my fault though as I was configuring with Outlook sync and deleted my
whole outline!). I went through the similar process with restoring and
renaming and ultimately got everything working with a more limited Outlook
sync. I'm running V 6.0.2 MLO.

Leigh

On Sun, Nov 5, 2023 at 10:54 PM Grant <grant...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
> Shockingly, MLO somehow deleted 80% of my folders and tasks today (after
> using v6 for about a week).
>
> I do have advanced backup running, and I have the .bak file from
> yesterday, which is complete.
>
> How to I safely make this my new .mlo file, that syncs with the cloud (and
> will not wipe my data again, or destroy this back up file (I want to
> preserve it just in casew this happens again)
>
> The Mlo help only says to open the .bak file and nothing about renaming
> from the backup title (eg with the date and time added) and from .bak to
> .mlo safely.  Nor is there a clear description of how to ensure it syncs
> with your cloud sync and other devices...

> https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/mylifeorganized/c894f6ee-8243-4214-94d9-f987bc88f46en%40googlegroups.com
> <https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/mylifeorganized/c894f6ee-8243-4214-94d9-f987bc88f46en%40googlegroups.com?utm_medium=email&utm_source=footer>

Respectfully,

Leigh