It depends on what you mean by “syncing” and what you mean by google and
microsoft’s “free space”.

If “free space” means full hosting, Google and Microsoft both
<https://cloud.google.com/free> offer
<https://azure.microsoft.com/en-ca/free/> some free services.
These can be used
<https://www.mylifeorganized.net/downloads/files/MyLifeOrganized%20User%27s%20Guide.pdf#%5B%7B%22num%22%3A903%2C%22gen%22%3A0%7D%2C%7B%22name%22%3A%22XYZ%22%7D%2C57%2C663%2C0%5D>

to host a FTP server, which allows (for the most part) full syncing .
Having said that, the Sync service is a much better way to accomplish this
use case.

If “free space” means webmail, gmail and hotmail/outlook can both serve as
a basis for partial syncing.
MLO can
<https://www.mylifeorganized.net/downloads/files/MyLifeOrganized%20User%27s%20Guide.pdf#%5B%7B%22num%22%3A910%2C%22gen%22%3A0%7D%2C%7B%22name%22%3A%22XYZ%22%7D%2C57%2C615%2C0%5D>

add/view tasks to/from a google calendar, but not it’s tasks list.
MLO can
<https://www.mylifeorganized.net/downloads/files/MyLifeOrganized%20User%27s%20Guide.pdf#%5B%7B%22num%22%3A910%2C%22gen%22%3A0%7D%2C%7B%22name%22%3A%22XYZ%22%7D%2C57%2C615%2C0%5D>

add/view tasks to/from outlook’s tasks list, but only if you have
microsoft’s desktop client
<https://apps.microsoft.com/detail/outlook-for-windows/9NRX63209R7B>.

On a more personal note:

With respect to the syncing webmail task lists, I do think this has quite a
bit of potential, even though hierarchy is supported by neither google’s
calendar nor outlook’s tasks, and even though MLO’s present implementation
is limited. It would probably be a good way to interact with tasks on the
go, while still planning and interacting with tasks at a more granular
level on a desktop/phone (probably w/ sync).

*I’m a longtime user, and I’m writing this as my first forum post mainly
because this topic piqued a longstanding wish of mine. As a thunderbird
user with outlook accounts, I am sadly unable to experience any of the
existing (gmail or outlook) integrations. I wish that CalDAV
<http://www.webdav.org/specs/rfc4791.html#rfc.section.B> was a supported
synchronisation option; it would allow MLO tasks to be sent to / drawn from
the tasks lists and calendars of most major webmail services and mail
clients.*

*This
<https://groups.google.com/g/mylifeorganized/c/GHjo85v-R5U/m/vIxJKAYsAAAJ>
has
<https://groups.google.com/g/mylifeorganized/c/7PNjt2c31rk/m/0LSSyXLuAwAJ>
been
<https://groups.google.com/g/mylifeorganized/c/B-7uZqxrjfU/m/utU-GlkUBgAJ>
suggested
<https://groups.google.com/g/mylifeorganized/c/S60Gss199fM/m/kL3CzTKINXEJ>
for
<https://groups.google.com/g/mylifeorganized/c/KlFXcesG8j8/m/rznWbSizG4IJ>
<https://groups.google.com/g/mylifeorganized/c/NIpI_2A0kis/m/iDc8MFlOCQAJ>
while
<https://groups.google.com/g/mylifeorganized/c/Hq6ADZdVBwc/m/lOR3iI9lAQAJ>,
but I think this might be worth considering again with the recent revival
of thunderbird and the increasing reemergence of non-gmail/outlook email
solutions.*