I have something similar that I handle differently. The actions that I wish
to try and accomplish daily are all set with a recurrence to start 1 day
after completion (thus they show up the next day after completion). I don't
bother to skip those I don't do, those show as "past due", which helps me
prioritize as I know I didn't do them on a prior day.