I agree wholeheartedly. I made the switch to TickTick in December because of
this even with a being a long time MLO user. I've found the integration with
calendars to be a game changer. I had slowly moved to time blocking for
planning and really tried to make it work with MLO and had challenges due to
the reasons you mentioned. I still have MLO and access it periodically but am
not actively up keeping it.

If it got better calendar 2-way sync like todoist I would switch back as I
really love the filtering and customization of MLO

--
Respectfully,