Im new to the list, apologies if this has been asked before.

Im developing a backend for a personal site (www.russd.com) using mySQL.
The site is hosted on NT4 and has myODBC installed, I have some database access
working, but I'm looking for a way to implement boolean types.

Using Access/SQL server I can simple do an insert using SQL like the following (from
within ASP):

INSERT INTO tblMyTable (booleanField) VALUES (" & myBooleanVariant & ");"

Unfortunately, mySQL doesn't appear to have a boolean datatype and myODBC doesn't seem
to convert True/False to 1/0.
The best solution I have so far is to use a TINYINT and change the True/False values
within my ASP code to 1/0. This isn't perfect howevere as its more code, more work for
the server and far less readable. I also have to cast to boolean when I SELECT data
from the mySQL database.

Could anyone suggest a better way of implementing this, or am I missing something?
I have done a Google search and searched the mySQL manual, but got nothing.

Many thanks in advance of your efforts.
Russ Davies