I am working with an NT4.0 platform, mySQL 3.23 and using ASP and myODBC to access my
data.

I was hoping to find a BOOLEAN data type within mySQL which would allow me to pass
either 'True' or 'False' in - but it appears there isn't one?
Using 'BOOL' as the column type appears to create a tinyint - taking ranges from (as
usual) -127 to 127.

This is a *real* inconvenience. I can of course change the data from a '1' or a '0' to
True and False on the way in and out of the database, but this is alot of extra
coding, extra work on the part of the script and makes the code a great deal more
unreadable. I really wanted to try mySQL on my personal site - if it is good enough in
a development environment I may then go on to reccomend it to my company, but this
seems a bit awkward and I'm sure I would take criticism if I can't answer this
question.
I have searched Google and the mySQL manual for  'boolean datatype' and other similar
searches.

Is there a datatype or an easier workaround for this?

Many thanks in advance,

Russ Davies