Hello,

I have a table which keeps a list of of clients. When a new client is to be added to
the list I want it to be added to the first row of the table so that I will have a
list of clients with the most recent arrival at the top and the least recent at the
bottom of the table. I know I can do this by sorting the records by timestamp. However
sorting always costs time.

Is there a way of inserting new entries into a mysql table as a first entry at the
top. Normally mysql adds them to the bottom of the table.

I want to do this because I want the most recent entry to appear at the top of the
list of a dynamically generated web page.

Much obliged for any help on this issue.

Edd.