Hello,

I have updated my mysql server from version 3.22.25 to
3.23.33. I've noticed that the same query's output I've run
in the old version differs from the new version's.

Eg.

I've got a film database:

SELECT COUNT(*) FROM FILM;

returns me a number of 53.

The same select with a WHERE COMMENT="deleted" clause
returns 5.

With "WHERE COMMENT!="deleted" " it returns 18.

Normally, one would assume that #"deleted"+#"!deleted"
makes 53 but it doesn't. I've seen that there were some
modifications in 3.23.26 affecting mysql's behavior
concerning NULL value. My question is that this new
behavior is the the desired or the old one?

Please CC me, i'm not on the list. sorry.

Bye:
           PP.