I don't know if this list still gets read by the staff TcX or not, but I
have this suggestion:

1/ For those of us willing to code the glue logic to make triggers,
constraints, and foreign keys work, it would be VERY helpful if ALL the
commands that are exercised on a table at creation or modification time
were available upon a structure dump, (which I don't know the syntax of
yet.

This means ONLY the current status, NOT a history.

Sooooooooooo, I could query the structure of table, find a foreign key,
and if I needed to modify the table, I could enforce referential
integrity with objects/code in PHP/ASP/Cpp/C#/Perl or whatever.

It's be a boon to those of us willing to supply the full glue logic that
MySQL needs at this point, and for xferring to some other database  like
<insert the 'Big-O' word here> down the road.

An example:

CREATE TABLE ControllerRoomAssignments(
ControllerID INT UNSIGNED NOT NULL,
PurvineRoomID INT UNSIGNED NOT NULL,
HasThermostat ENUM ('true','false') DEFAULT 'false' NOT NULL,
FOREIGN KEY (ControllerID) REFERENCES PurvineHVACSupplyControllers
(ControllerID),
FOREIGN KEY (PurvineRoomID) REFERENCES PurvineRooms (PurvineRoomID),
PRIMARY KEY (ControllerID,PurvineRoomID),
INDEX IDX_ControllerRoomAssignments_1 (ControllerID,PurvineRoomID));

The two foreign keys are ignored, FINE, no problem, but it's be nice if
it stayed as
part of the structure dump of the table. (or, if some commandline switch
when mysql is invoked would allow this or not, or if there was a 'SET
--store-full-table-structue-- MyDataBase' command available as for
particular database.
For the first FOREIGN KEY, I could find:
        'PurvineHVACSupplyControllers(ControllerID)'
and make sure that