Since I posted so many times about my problem, I feel obligated to notify
everyone I have resolved it, and exactly what was wrong.

I have two fields: last_update, and last_login. Both fields are timestamps,
with defaults of "000000000000000". My queries were doing things like:
MONTHNAME(last_login). Apparently, the previous version of MySQL I was
using, 3.22.23 I believe, didn't have a problem with this. The new version
I'm using, 3.23.32, apparently has a problem with this.

To resolve this, I modified all my queries to use IF()...so I use:

IF (last_login = '000000000000000', 'NEVER', (formatted date/time here)) AS
last_login

Just thought I would post to help anyone out who may have the same problem
in the future!