I have just been able to repeat a bug in a rather simple ORDER BY queries
that was introduced in 3.23.34. I wonder how in the world our test suite
managed to miss it. We should have a fix shortly and as soon as it is
available, will post a patch and will also release 3.23.35. Which reminds us
of a principle that should be ( will be soon) documented in the manual - do
not upgrade a production system to the latest version until it has been out
for a week - we try hard to test for everything, but sometimes we miss even
some simple things. The recommended version as of this second is 3.23.33.
Sorry, guys.

--
MySQL Development Team