Michael Widenius wrote:

> Hi!
>
> Try:
>
> mysqldump --tab=directory
>
> This does basicly what you want.
>
> After that, it's up to Heikki to fix Innobase to do delayed creation
> of indexes.

It would be very handy if Innobase (and the GEMINI when it comes along)
where to support mysqldump in the standard way, as I assume it works as
such and I and many others would have to change thier backup scripts.
Delayed index creation is very usefull (in saving time) in larger DB
loads via a mysqldump - Hiekki is this difficult ?

Thanks all for your work.

Greg