I got basically the same error:

sh: line 1: echo Hi there: command not found

I know that echo works; I can do:

echo "Hello"

or

echo 'Hello'

on the command line and the result is Hello.

However, when I do this on a command line:

system

I get:

-bash: system: command not found

The problem seems to be that I don't have the system command on my Linux
system. Is that normal for Mandrake 9.1? If it is, where do I get this
command? I can get the system administrator to install the appropriate RPM
if you can tell me what it is and where I can find it.

Rhino