"Subscriptions" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote on 12/11/2005
10:46:08 PM:

> Okay, so I haven't been able to find any corrupted tables.  Has
> anyone ever run into problems with joins between tables that contain
> funky data?  I have a table that contains encrypted info and some of
> the characters being used/stored are definitely odd.
>
> I'm still trying to find the answer to our issues.  sigh.
>
> Jenifer

The olde saying goeth: Garbage in, garbage out.

If your data is bad, your results will be bad. However, I have heard
nothing about problems during JOIN comparisons against BINARY data.
Perhaps if you told us what weird things have been happening, we might be
able to explain it. So far all you have done is to ask us how to tell if a
table is corrupt and if JOINs work with BINARY data. Not much information
for us to use to help you form a diagnosis, is it.

Shawn Green
Database Administrator
Unimin Corporation - Spruce Pine