[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
Hello,

We recently moved to a new "cluster" plattform, setup by one external IT
company

at present (early stage):
2 XEON computers with a fibre channel link to a Network Storage. The mysql
directories are located on the Network storage and mounted into
/var/lib/mysql on each machine. So, every machine running an own mysql
server, but sharing the directory. The used file system is OCFS (Oracle
Cluster File System)

You cannot do this.

When I "played" with the two servers yesterday (we are not really happy
with the performance) I noticed, that the stats of each mysql server are
the same. Even if I restart one server, the stats are not amended in any
way - if I restart both servers the stats were reset.

Now my questions:
1) is this installtion a "common practise" to share a mysql db with
several servers (we might increase the number of servers)

Never.

2) is there a better, more performant way, to install mysql in a cluster ?

See 'MySQL Clustering'
BY Alex Davies and Harrison Fisk
MySQL Press

3) Just your general idea about this setup.

Thanks
Stefan "Stonki" Onken

--
Gerald L. Clark