Martijn Tonies schrieb:

>>> Why is a row with an invalid reference better? It's invalid data and you
>>> just corrupted your database.
>> please define 'invalid' - i think invalid is it in booth cases, so an empty
>> invalid is better than a wrong invalid, or not?
>
> IMO, you're f***ed in both cases :-)
>
>> better have an unpayed bill leading to no costumer than to a wrong customer
>
> Why is that better? If you TRUNCATEd the table, you know you're doing
> something wrong/your data is messed up.

yes, but this was not the point of the discussion

the point was why is auto_increment not reset - and the above is the reason
for this - i was not discussing if this is good or bad, or if it is good to
delete table content, or if the table content was deleted by accident

> As I said, what I wanted to point out is that this piece in the
> documentation is a bit strange.

yes, i have read it ... ;-)

--
Sebastian