On 2/29/2012 1:15 PM, Don Wieland wrote:
Little help...

In my mySQL query editor, I am trying to return a value of 0 when
there is no related rows from this query:

(select if(count(ip.payment_amount) IS NOT NULL,
count(ip.payment_amount) , 0)  FROM tl_trans_pmt_items ip WHERE
t.transaction_id = ip.inv_id GROUP BY ip.inv_id) as d,

regardless of the combination I use, invalid relationships come back
as NULL - need to return 0  so I can use it in a math formula.

Probably simple - maybe ;-)

Don

I think you want the 'coalesce' function:

Syntax:
COALESCE(value,...)

Returns the first non-NULL value in the list, or NULL if there are no
non-NULL values.

Examples:
mysql> SELECT COALESCE(NULL,1);
        -> 1