* Reindl Harald <h.rei...@thelounge.net> [121030 08:25]:
> if it are MyISAM tables it is the best way because all data
> are in a folder with the database name - i never in my life
> used a dump to migrate mysql-databases while started with
> MySQL-3.x long years ago and moved them between Linux,
> Windows and MacOSX and we speak about some hundret databases
> with 5000 tables

  Clearly, I have failed to pose my question clearly, because the
  again:

  mysqldump does not recognize the drupal databases!
    Example :
      linus:prj tim$ mysqldump event -hlocalhost -utim
      -pXXXXXX > event.sql
      mysqldump: Got error: 1049: Unknown database 'event' when
      selecting the database

  mysql does not find the drupal databases!

  PHPMyAdmin does not find the drupal databases!

  That is to say that my invocation of the applications above fails
  to find the drupal databases!
  I remain as dumb as ever, but I hope I have made myself clearer
  regards
--
Tim
http://www.akwebsoft.com