* Johan De Meersman <vegiv...@tuxera.be> [121031 07:10]:

> Given the different location of the datafiles and assuming the
> actual drupal does work, I'm starting to suspect that whatever
> installer you used created a second instance of mysql. Your drupal
> configfile should hold the necessary data to connect to it.

  You are correct. Running on 3307. (from settings.php) But even
  loging into that instance was not showing me the drupal
  databases - so I was stumped! I would guess that was because the
  3307 instance was using the system-wide my.cnf instead of the
  drupal my.cnf. I could not see from documentation how to invoke
  mysql or mysqldump with a specific my.cnf.
  See my response to your other email.
  thanks Johan
--
Tim