The answer is "yes and no". There's a good chance that your application will
work fine with MySQL Cluster without any changes *but* there are a few gotchas
such as:

 - the current GA version of MySQL Cluster (7.2) doesn't implement Foreign Keys
(coming in Cluster 7.3)
 - (ignoring BLOBs) rows cannot be larger than 13 Kb
 - no geo-spatial indexes
 - no full-text search

A good place to get more information is
http://www.mysql.com/why-mysql/white-papers/mysql-cluster-evaluation-guide/ .
That guide also gives you some advice on scenarios where you *shouldn't* use
MySQL Cluster.

In addition, as you should expect, to get the best performance out of MySQL
Cluster you may want to tweak your schema and/or application - you can get lots
of tips from
http://www.mysql.com/why-mysql/white-papers/guide-to-optimizing-performance-of-the-mysql-cluster/

> 2. What are the steps to convert mysql to mysql-cluster.

Basically, you need to backup your database (mysqldump), load it into a MySQL
Server that's part of your Cluster (use
http://www.clusterdb.com/mysql-cluster/auto-installer-labs-release/) to get
your first Cluster up and running and then issue ALTER TABLE <tab-name>
ENGINE=ndb;