Hi!

>On Wed, Jul 25, 2001 at 10:32:38PM -0600, Chris Bolt wrote:
>> > I am currently trying to examine the benefits of continuing to
>> > use MySQL over Oracle. I need to know what MySQL's features are
>> > vs. those of Oracle.

It is totaly useless to compare Oracle vs. MySQL.
Oracle is something you need if you canīt do it with MySQL anymore.

Sure, if you just want to read out some addressbook-data you will not
see a difference...

One of the most important differences: MySQL has no ability for stored
procedures or triggers and useful stuff like that. If you have used some
PL/SQL you will need to rewrite all of it and change the whole
application.

There are some more enterprise-features that are only very rudimentary
implemented in MySQL - if you used Oracle video server you sure will
have a problem :)

Ahhh, also there is something: Be careful with your SQL-Code, if you are
using MySQL, the meaning of SQL-Statements can differ on different
platforms, so test all of it!

Have a nice thread,
Peter