From: Gene Gurevich [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: 31 August 2001 16:37
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: MySQL vs Oracle vs Acess

Hi

This is a very generic quesiton and I would appreciate
any info. I am an Oracle dba; our developers are now
using access for their own small projects. When these
projects grow and become too large for Access we move
them to Oracle. The developers are now considering
switching from Access to MySQL and I'm trying to
figure out what are the advantages of that move. I
have read some documentation and it looks like a big
advantage of
MySQL vs Access is multi-user access. There are also
some features that are present in Oracle but missing
in  My SQL like views, subqueries and a few other. I
was wondering if someone who has working experience in
both Access and MYSQL (or ORacle and MySQL) could
expand on the differences from practical standpoint.

Thanks for any input

=====