On Sat, 2002-02-23 at 01:52, theOtherOne wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I've got this problem when i try to connect to a mysql server with a PHP
> code
>
> Warning: MySQL Connection Failed: Can't connect to local MySQL server
> through socket '/tmp/mysql.sock' (111)

[mle@hal9000 data]$ perror 111
Error code 111:  Connection refused

That would indicate that you haven't got a mysql-server running.
If it is running, check that /tmp/ actually is where the socket-file
is, and check your my.cnf-file in case the [mysqld] section contains
skip-networking. If it does, remove it (naturally).

Cheers,
Markus

--
Markus Lervik