Ladies and Gentlemen,

after a bigger Query with a SORT BY statement aborted ,
i found out , that my 'sort-buffer'-variable had to be bigger.
Everything worked fine then , but i now read in Paul DuBois
great book , that it is not recommended to make this variable to big.
Please advise me , what is a propper size for that variable ,
to sort tables with up to 4 million rows doing this:

SELECT * FROM T1 ORDER BY ZIP_code , Last_Name , First_Name

I think I overtuned a bit with 10M.

thank you
        Klaus
P.S.
Thank you for correcting my misunderstandings with that
funny spam-filter , that was a bit confusing for my rather simple brains.

Topaktuelle Consumer-Adressen anmieten www.consumeradressen.de

Diese Mail ist von:
Deutsche Post Direkt GmbH
Beleglese Center Mannheim

Klaus Franz
Manager Abgleichsysteme

Willy-Brandt-Platz 13   Tel. 06 21.129 56 436
68161 Mannheim