Mamatha Balasubramanian wrote:

Hi,
I would like to know how MySQL handles multiple temporary tables?

1. Can multiple temporary tables be created at the same time?

Yes

2. If so, how does MySQL differentiate them - do we need to explicitly give them different names inorder to identify them or does MySQL provide a timestamp (or use some other means) to identify the tables?

I believe MySQL uses the client's connection ID (which is unique) to identify the temporary table. You don't have to use different names, no. Cool, eh?

--
Daniel Kasak
IT Developer