On Monday, September 01, 2003 5:19 PM CEST, Joris Beckers wrote:
> But, when I log in using that username. That user can access the main
> database...
>
> <snip>
>
> Does anyone know how to fix this?
> Only cehdb should be accessable.

Did you try to set the safe-show-database flag? Hm, let me see where I have
put this... OK, I put it in my c:\winnt\my.ini. Here's the line:

[mysqld]
safe-show-database

This is generally the way to hide non-rights databases to users, on MySQL 3.
It's the default behaviour since MySQL 4.

> Also, the user can run SQL commands on the mysql database.

What does that mean? The user can successfully SELECT data from mysql.* ?
Then it's a granted privilege that enables him to do so. Did you look at
other GRANTS for other hosts than % ?

> This is the version info.
>
> mysql> status;
> --------------
> mysql  Ver 11.18 Distrib 3.23.53, for Win95/Win98 (i32)
>
> Connection id:          351
> Current database:
> Current user:           [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> Server version:         4.1.0-alpha-max-nt
> Protocol version:       10
> Connection:             nemesis via TCP/IP
> Client characterset:    latin1
> Server characterset:    latin1
> TCP port:               3333
> Uptime:                 1 hour 6 min 14 sec

What's the MySQL server version here, please? 3.23.53 (win) or 4.1.0-max-nt?
Can't interpret your information here very well...

--
Yves Goergen
[EMAIL PROTECTED]