* Albert
> When I enter :
>
> mysql\bin>SHOW GRANTS FOR uma;
>
> I get a response that show is not a command etc..
>
> This is on Win32 version 4.x
>
> The same happens when I try it from mysql>
> and also after I run mysqld
>
> Any ideas what is wrong here?

When you say you "try it from mysql>" do you mean standing in the mysql
directory in the command promt? In that case, that would be the explanation.
When you see "mysql>" on this list, it means the mysql SQL shell, AKA the
mysql command line, AKA the mysql monitor, AKA the standard client. It is an
executable in the mysql/bin directory, named "mysql.exe" on win32. Execute
this program, and then enter your SQL commands.

--
Roger