> So listen guy, this is a big miss understanding:

NO!!!!

> 1.) If you want to have an "easy way tool" for creating your reports -
> use MS Access

Hey, man, inserting a record is also ealier in Access. => You suggest me to
do everything in Access. You'r bad bad man!!!

--  Tools are for dummy users, Clever users create tools. --

> 2.) All this things do not have anything to do with the "base" of your
> datas (either you use Oracle, MySQL, Access or whatever) - so that
> means: if you are using oracle, you can still use ACCESS to create some
> reports.

Unbelievable, haven't seen any smart guy doing so.

> 3.) a "dummy users" is not a "fool user" but is a user how is like a
> user is ... "normal, not trained, unexperienced user" ... That doesnt
> mean that he has just shit in his head!

yeah? a 'dummy user' is 'normal' => not dummy users on this list are NOT
normal? See, you're laughing at me, I can hear that.

> 4.) I didnt talk of you as a dummy user, because as I understand your
> email, you were asking for tool to create reports easily and fast.

If you understand my email, then Access is the tool you suggest?

liar.

> 5.) I think the only guy in this list, who falls into this
> missunderstanding is you, because nobody contacted me to tell me, not to
> use words like "dummy user" on the list. Maybe thats because they did
> understand what was mentioned about it.

Of course they do understand the word since you're telling them that.

Actually, you can use the 'dummy user' word, but you should send the mail to
me secretly :-) , now people know who I am are laughing at me.

> 6.) This shouldnt start a discussion of what things are good or bad in
> IT science. So if you like Access, choose access, if you like MySQL
> choose that one, and if you have a lot of money, than choose oracle,
> which is definitly (sorry list) the best and completest database product
> on the market.

See, now people know that you prefer Oracle to MySQL. Because you're poor
and that's why you HAVE TO pick MySQL. I'm different, I like MySQL. :-)
Although I have $ to spend on Oracle, I still insist on MySQL. :-)

> So guy, before I come up and start giving you words, which i maybe see
> later as a little bit to "unfriendly" ... I will stop this email now.

I was just joking, no worries. :-)

> My tip for you: TAKE MS ACCESS TO CREATE YOUR REPORTS ... Or ... IF YOU
> WANT TO HAVE A REAL GOOD REPORTING TOOL ... TAKE CRYSTAL REPORT.

Now seriously, thanks for the advice, but I won't adopt this since I really
want to use something completely free. Access is good for printing, but it
costs $.

> Michael

i'll have to go to the gym. email you later. BTW, I don't mind people call
me "dummy user" Hope you didn't read my words seriously, they're just jokes.
:-)

see ya.

cheers,

feng