As an interesting note... I recently moved one of my legacy databases from
SQLSVER7 onto my production mySQL server.
It took 10min.

Well, ok, maybe a bit longer... but my buddy, wonderful godlike java geneous
that he is wrote an applet that will move all the data over from SS7 to
mySQL without having do do any coding.  And you don't have to worry about
the idiosyncracies of SS7's text dumps.  Though it is version 1.D and
doesn't currently inspect and replecate the table structures... i.e. You
have to build the tables into the mySQL DB yourself... it will abstractly
seek the rows and field types and names and create and post the sql on its
own... So you tell it the database logins for each side, and you tell it
your drivers... and you list the tables you want moved over...(Table names
must match.) and viola...

Its a neat little gadget... if any of you are procrastinating moving stuff
over, you might want to try a copy.  Open source and entirely willing and
desireous to have it back if you improve upon it...Its a steady cruncher and
will do large amounts of data steadily... It's painless, and absolutely not
garuanteed to do anything for anyone or anything any better than any one
might not expect it wouldn't do....didjagetthat... that was our disclaimer?

Think Mickey Mouse and his little brooms carrying water... admitedly there
was a PLUS side to that... but if you use it for evil..well.. You only have
yourself to blame.....'wink' -grin.

Offlist if you want a copy to play with.
_TheMechE