Hi there,

I have been asked to investigate a solution to offer MySQL to our staff.
I am not sure how many people will make use of it at this stage.
Most people would most likely use it as a backend for message boards

And to store information on whatever they are doing. I am sure it will
be for web purposes only.

I cannot see the need for transactions etc.

My employer usually goes for HP DL380 G3 servers. Any tips on
redundancy, backup etc?

Also, Is there anyone who uses Windows on a Mysql production server? I
want to use FreeBSD or Linux but that might not be up to me.

What License do I need? Basically we are an ISP for our departments

Cheers

GUY