is there a higher level directory that does not allow excecution?  does it
work if you run it as root?  can you 'vi /root/mysql/gwarancje.txt'?

just some thoughts
Jeff

                      Paweł Filutowski

                      <[EMAIL PROTECTED]        To:       <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

                      rfam.pl>                 cc:

                                               Subject:  Problem with mysqlimport

                      12/09/2003 10:27

                      AM

I tryed to import from text file (columns divided by tabulators) like this:

5724    KF20031111    CSD    EUROPA    PARKAN    2003-12-12    MarcinTamka
no    no
.
.
.

On PHPTriad (under Windows 2000) it works perfectly !
I use command: mysqlimport database file.txt

But under Linux (RedHat) i have serious problem.
System indicates problem:
"mysqlimport: Error: Can't get stat of '/root/mysql/gwarancje.txt'
(Errcode: 13),
 when using table: gwarancje"
where gwarancje is the name of table.

I tryed to set privileges by "chmod 777" command or smilar but it still
doesn`t work.

Does anybody have any ideas ??

Regards,
Paul