* Hassan Schroeder
[...]
> OK, but the "user" here is the servlet container (Tomcat), *not*
> the human end user.

That should not make a difference, as seen from the server a client is a
client.

> As would temporary tables, which is why I stopped using them for
> request-specific data :-)

Right... you got errors, I assume...? What kind of connection pooling was
that, was it Tomcat?

> Related to this, does each process in the query log match to a single
> active connection?

Yes. _database_ connection, that is... wich is not the same as _client_
connection when connection pooling is involved. :)

> Or is that connection-pool-implementation dependent?

No, the server does not know about the connection pooling, and the
connection pool implementation can not change the internal mysql "process
id" (actually connection id) without creating a new connection.

--
Roger