Hello

OS: Unix   MySQL:4.0.16
OS: Linux  MySQL:4.0.17

I am trying to limit the size of the MyISAM tables in a MySQL database.  As far as I
can tell, my only option is using the MAX_ROWS parameter on a table.  I am not looking
to do this limit at the OS level.

I wanted to test how the max_rows parameter works.  I set it to 3 on a table.  And, I
was able to add 33 records [I stopped at this point].  It never prevented me from
adding more records.  The result is NOT what I expected.  I expected that upon
attempting to add the 4th record, I would have received some sort of error message.

Am I mis-using this parameter?

TIA
Gabe

"The jokes on him, I'll be dead by then" - HJS

Gabe Tucker
Bloomberg LP
P 609 750 6668
F 646 268 5681