Ok....

I think I am a bit confused on how the MAX_ROWS works...

This is the result of SHOW TABLE STATUS \G:
           Name: gabe_test
           Type: MyISAM
     Row_format: Fixed
           Rows: 33
 Avg_row_length: 5
    Data_length: 165
Max_data_length: 327679
   Index_length: 1024
      Data_free: 0
 Auto_increment: NULL
    Create_time: 2004-02-24 14:34:30
    Update_time: 2004-02-24 14:37:43
     Check_time: NULL
 Create_options: max_rows=3
        Comment:

What values of MAX_ROWS and AVG_ROW_LENGTH would I need so that I could limit this
table to 3 [or n] number of records?  How do I calculate this?

Additionally, is there a better way, not using the OS, to limit the size of MyISAM
tables?

Thanks
Gabe