Hi

I recently began to work through the Book entitled PHP & MySQL For Dummies and i am currently stuck towards the end of the forth chapter ive done everything as said so in the book but i keep getting an error message. Here is an outline of the problem:

i have 2 tables one pet containing petName and petType other table is color containgin petName and petColor. The code which i keep getting errors on is:

Select * from pet outer join color using (pet.petName=petcolor.petName) ;

Now Ive posted my problem on several forums on the internet and have a wide range to replys suggesting what to do but nothing seems to work.

Can anyone please help me??

Barry Smith