I seem to have encountered a corrupt database file,
and was wondering if anyone could shed some light onto
how this occurred. I was able to restore from a
backup, so I'm OK now, but I'd like to know how to
avoid this in the future. I'm running MySql-max
4.0.18, using InnoDB tables. It looks like the
database crashed, and I was able to restart without
issue, however if would then periodically crash again
because of the same error. The error log looks like
this:

040407 03:09:31  mysqld started
040407  3:09:31  InnoDB: Started
/usr/local/mysql/bin/mysqld: ready for connections.
Version: '4.0.18-max-log'  socket: '/tmp/mysql.sock'
port: 3306
InnoDB: Database page corruption on disk or a failed
InnoDB: file read of page 54349.
InnoDB: You may have to recover from a backup.
040408 14:37:38  InnoDB: Page dump in ascii and hex
(16384 bytes):
 len 16384; hex [DUMP OMITTED BY ME]
InnoDB: stored checksum 2429221792,
prior-to-4.0.14-form stored checksum 3343942943
InnoDB: Page lsn 5 4204235448, low 4 bytes of lsn at
page end 4204235448
InnoDB: Page may be an index page where index id is 0
3068
InnoDB: and table raytheon/item_segment_value index
PRIMARY
InnoDB: Database page corruption on disk or a failed
InnoDB: file read of page 54349.
InnoDB: You may have to recover from a backup.
InnoDB: It is also possible that your operating
InnoDB: system has corrupted its own file cache
InnoDB: and rebooting your computer removes the
InnoDB: error.
InnoDB: If the corrupt page is an index page
InnoDB: you can also try to fix the corruption
InnoDB: by dumping, dropping, and reimporting
InnoDB: the corrupt table. You can use CHECK
InnoDB: TABLE to scan your table for corruption.
InnoDB: Look also at section 6.1 of
InnoDB: http://www.innodb.com/ibman.html about
InnoDB: forcing recovery.
InnoDB: Ending processing because of a corrupt
database page.

Number of processes running now: 0
040408 14:37:38  mysqld restarted
040408 14:37:38  InnoDB: Database was not shut down
normally.
InnoDB: Starting recovery from log files...
InnoDB: Starting log scan based on checkpoint at
InnoDB: log sequence number 6 89092023
InnoDB: Doing recovery: scanned up to log sequence
number 6 89092249
InnoDB: Last MySQL binlog file position 0 172112082,
file name ./king1-bin.004
040408 14:37:38  InnoDB: Flushing modified pages from
the buffer pool...
040408 14:37:38  InnoDB: Started

=====