I think Isaac, especially in light of NYC artical and similar slurs, wants to
keep this project and associated records (such as this list) squeaky clean so
that noone ever has a cause to legislate against this kind of project.

Politicians seems to find reward in passing legislation which has the backing
of organisations and big businesses - just look at the broadcast flag,
software patent laws in the EU...

It would be easy for a lawyer to construe a helpful answer to your question as
support from 'MythTV' for potentially illegal activity, whatever the actual
intentions.

We all love Myth and would hate to see this technology made illegal by someone
with questionable political motives.

Paul