On Thu, 3 Feb 2005 10:49:43 -0600, Andrew Close <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> On Thu, 3 Feb 2005 09:11:32 -0500, Craig Partin <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > In doing some recent window shopping it seemed to me that you get more
> > for your money in buying an LCD monitor than a TV.  With a myth system
> > the need for a tuner in the TV isn't really necessary.  You also
> > wouldn't have any of the HDCP worries like that poor guy with the
> > Samsung.
> <snip>
>
> a recent Wired magazine had several large LCD tv/monitors as featured
> products.  the Apple cinema display ranked 3rd only because it didn't
> have s-video in (it has DVI only) but it was the cheapest of the 4.
> i want to say it was the Jan issue, i'm about a month or so behind on
> my Wired reading. :)

The HP L2335 uses the same panel as the apple, is much cheaper and has
composite,svideo,component, vga & DVI-I inputs. And it's not as
expensive. I bought mine last summer, and have been very happy with
it.

Running HDTV res gives you thin black stripes top/bottom or a slightly
stretched picture. I think the 16:10 format screens is a good
compromise to watch both 16:9 and 4:3 content.

--

peråge