> Mythtv comes up . but the problem is it says : =-
> Couldnot connect to the master backend server -- is it running? is the
> IP address set for it in the setup program correct?
> could anyone please help me in this regard

Could you tell us what operating system you're using?  Also, if you
having already checked, tailing the the mythbackend log (tail -f
/var/log/mythtv/mythbackend.log [on my machine]) and checking to see
whether the backend (/etc/init.d/mythbackend status) and mysql are
running (/etc/init.d/mysql status) may be helpful.

-- Travis