> > On a related note, I'd love to have a POP3/IMAP/Gmail reader for Myth
> > itself. Something just like the MythNews, but for emails. Wouldn't
> > even need reply or delete or anything, just  something to go in and
> > quickly poll accounts for new mail and skim through. Has anyone done
> > this and I'm just not aware of it?
>
> You could use mythbrowser to display that info as a http -> POP/IMAP
> interface. Depending on your mail setup you could either use the one
> provided by someone like your ISP, or if you have your own POP/IMAP
> Linux server on your home LAN you could use one of the ones available
> from sourceforge such as Squirrelmail or Aloha. I haven't used them
> but I've heard they're good and Squirrelmail seems to be widely used.
>
> I think the important thing here would be to use one that has a highly
> configurable UI so that it can be cut down to a nice simple display
> with large readable fonts. Not sure how this would integrate with a
> remote control, though. If anyone has any recommendations on these
> points, it would be interesting to hear them.

Certinaly Mythbrowser if I wanted to reply and such, and I currently
use Squirrelmail, but I'm thinking a "mail reader" that has the same
UI look and feel of Myth itself, uses the themes, and can just be
configured to poll POP/IMAP/API based web accounts. The main idea is
being able to read the emails with nothing but the remote and
associated navigation keys. Personally, I don't want a keyboard
permanently attached to my mythbox.

It seems like the MythNews would work if I exported my mail to an RSS
feed, but that option won't always work. Some people don't have
control over their email servers.

I think the only feature, aside from reading current messages on the
server, with simple next/prev/scroll navigation is maybe a simple
"password protect email reading", allowing you to enter a pin, such as
the myth config pin to access the account. That way multiple people
could have accounts setup, and others wouldn't be able to read their
emails. Other than that, I don't think it has to be all that fancy.
Agree w/ the big fonts.