What i've been doing is folowing jarod's guide and skiping the "use
apt-get to install mythtv". I do an apt-get buil-deps mythtv this
makes sure everything required to build mythtv is installed. Then i
just download the cvs and build it. I know that nythmusic requires
additional prereq's and you might be able to do  apt-get buil-deps
mythmusic for that too. Have done it in a bit but will as soon as i
get access to my new build. (dang isp blocking ALL ports!)

Michael Luich