On Wednesday 09 February 2005 13:57, Cory Papenfuss wrote:
>   My question is how funky is the mythtv-modified .nuv file?  It's
> not normal nuppelvideo, since even mplayer can't play it directly.

Not sure; that question's out of my league.  IIRC, the original
NuppelVideo container was designed around a single codec (RTjpeg, or
something similar).  I'm pretty sure MP3 audio wasn't in it either.

Here's a thought:  maybe we've been going about this backwards.  What
if, instead of trying to get Myth to output/support all kinds of
different formats, we took the opposite approach... split out all of
Myth's Nuppel-decode/playback code into an independent library
(libmythnuv ?) and make it available for other projects (Xine, MPlayer,
VideoLAN) to incorporate as a decoder engine.  Or maybe integrating the
core Myth Nuppel code into libmythavformat/libmythavcodec and
contributing it back to the FFMpeg?  Question is: how much of Myth's
internal playback (specifically seeking) is dependent on stuff in the
database?

Just thinking out loud...

-JAC